3 Tasty and Fun Ways to Make Super Bowl LII Sunday Great
As I grew up, Super Bowl Sunday meant great food, funny commercials, and a good game. The reason for loving Super Bowl Sunday changed for me in 2012. My friends and I had planned to have a Super Bowl party at my parent's house, and we invited tons of friends from college and told them to ask their other friends to come too. So 25+ people packed into my parent's house to watch the game. That evening happened to be the first time I met my beautiful wife. We met and hit it off right away. We played euchre all night and barely watched a bit of the game. The Super Bowl became immensely more special after that night.
So because of how special the night is to us and because it's an all-around fun day, we always try to amp up the fun just a little bit by having good food and a fun, Super Bowl family game. Here are two recipes and one fun game that we love! Trust me, if you don't want to read much more, I implore you to stick around for the Moon Rocks.
Spicy Sausage and Cheese Dip Appetizer
This one is simple! All you do is get some of the spicy Velveeta Cheese. The seasoned Mexican or the spicy jalapeno would work! Or you can just get the plain kind if you don't want to spice it up that much. (Did you know you can order bricks of this gooey goodness online?)
Then grab that cheese, slice it up into chunks and get it melting in a crockpot. The next step is to brown a pound of sausage and then drain the fat away and add it to the melted cheese. There are all sorts of variants on this, but even just the simple two ingredient mix will have your taste buds buzzing with excitement! Dump a bag of tortilla chips into a bowl next to the crockpot, and dip away!
Some call this "Super Bowl Squares," some call it "Quarters," but whatever you call it, it's fun! We play each year with family at the Super Bowl and have grown fond of it. Some years we use quarters, and some years we put other things on the board such as goofy dares and more. We could have mapped it out for you here but found out that there is an impressive website that has mapped out with incredible clarity! So go check it out and learn to play this fun game with family!
Munchable Moonrocks Game Day Dessert
Be aware, moon rocks look a little odd looking but are out of this world tasty!
What you'll need:
- 1 cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallow fluff
- A large mixing bowl
- A mixing spoon
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- A tablespoon or cookie scoop
- An ungreased cookie sheet
- Combine the peanut butter and marshmallow fluff in the bowl. Stir with the spoon until they are thoroughly mixed.
- Add the chocolate chips. The mixture will be fairly thick and hard to stir, so bring in your hubby or your overly confident teenage boy to stir.
- Add the crispy rice cereal. Stir just long enough to mix in the cereal without crushing it into a fine powder.
- Take a heaping tablespoon full of the mixture and roll into a ball (You can use a cookie scoop for this too!) Place the ball on the ungreased cookie sheet. Keep making balls until all of the mixture is used up. Place the cookie sheet in the refrigerator and chill for atleast 2 hours. Or the freezer for 30 minutes to fast chill them.
- You're finished! Time to enjoy!
This recipe has become a favorite with our family, and it is because once you have one, you really can't stop! Take that as a challenge! Make a batch and just have one, I dare you. But really, it's a delicious recipe passed down from a long lost tasty recipe book. Let us know what you think after you try them!!
We wish you a crazy amount of enjoyment with your family on Super Bowl Sunday. Get out and have a blast, or stay in and have a blast! Either way, do it with some tasty treats and a fun game to spice it up.
*This post does include some affiliate links. However, we do not suggest products that we don't believe in or haven't used.*